I'm Not Mrs. Rodriquez

Bill_collector : Telephone with money – call for help with your finances
123rf.com stock photo



It's 5:15 p.m. and I've just stepped in the door.  The phone is already ringing, but before I answer I look at the call screen and see it's Portfolio Recovery.  Sighing, I decide to finally pick up the phone.  The company has called me every day for the past 5 months' and I haven't answered.  It goes like this:

"No this is not XXXXX Rodriquez.  Yes, this is my phone number, the name is Denise Fisher.  I am sorry XXXX Rodgriquez gave you this number.  This is my phone number now, and has been for the past year and a half.  Yes, I am certain XXXXX Rodriquez does not live here.  I have no idea why she didn't give you her new number..."

I have Comcast service, I am guessing this person had the number at some point before I did.  The calls continue.  It gets even better:  I get at least 5 company calls for different parties every day just like this.  I don't want to change my phone number, so I take the easy way out and not answer the phone.

Question is, who are these people?  Could so many deadbeats have had this same number?  Or, it is nobody in America pays their bill anymore?  I get the promise that I won't receive anymore calls from Portfolio Recovery.  Twenty-four hours later, I get the same call again.

This was the same drill I had with Sprint, for about a month, looking for yet another subscriber who left them in the dust.  I tell them I don't have the 411 on their customer, and beg them not to call.

My land line has been so busy with company callers, that I barely have time to take my own personal calls.  I am at the point I want to ask the caller if they are single, and what they are doing tonight.

But I don't.  I continue to dodge the bill collectors, for parties I have never met and just happened to inherit their phone numbers.

I have no idea if this is an isolated problem, but it is certainly an annoying one.

I have the same issue with the mail, I have been receiving one party's mail  for over 12 months.  Don't people notify the post office with forwarding addresses?

After careful consideration, I have a solution to the problem:

 I am training my parrot  to answer the phone; he can say "bad boy" better than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment