A White Christmas

It has been awhile since we've enjoyed a white Christmas.   I'm loving every minute of it.

What enjoyment I find in baking and cooking my favorite sweets,  marveling at the beautiful blanket of white everywhere!

The smell of gingerbread and chocolate envelope me with a warm, inviting smell; while my pine-scented Angel candles fill my living room.

During the summer, a neighbor and I watched squirrels gather branches, laboring up and down a plush, green tree outside my window while building a nest.  We patiently watched that production for over a hour, amazed at the intricacy of their work.

 I  look outside,  my eyes glance at the nest, it stands there today -the squirrels are nowhere in sight- icicles dangling from snow-covered branches. A stark contrast to the empty nest.

A noisy flock of birds signal their flight over head.  They form a perfect "A" formation as they pass.

Billy Bob Thornton's "Bad Santa" is on the flat screen and all is well within my world...

I'm at peace....at least for just today.

No comments:

Post a Comment