A Dog's Enduring Love: Part Two

Pit Bull Saves Owner from Oncoming Train
Angell Animal Medical Center 



I want to share some positive information with you for a change about Pit Bull dogs.  This is another example of   how much a dog can love you :Brave Pit Bull Saves Woman From Train

I had just semi- recovered from watching the Hachi:  A Dog's Tale.  When I first saw the article, I thought, oh, no, I can't go through this emotional roller coaster again- but I caved and read the story.

Precious Lilly, is an 8 year old Pit Bull,  adopted as a service dog for Christine Spain.  Her son, police officer David Lanteigne,  adopted her  from Boston Dog Rescue.  Lillly was brought home to look after Christine, an alcoholic.  

Christine had passed out on train tracks with a train bearing down on her.  Lilly wasted no time in throwing herself in front of the train, pulling Christine to safety.

When the conductor tried to stop, he was unable.  He had thought he had hit Christine, but later discovered she was pulled off the tracks.  Sadly, Lilly was dragged along with train, and had suffered severe pelvic injuries, and one of her legs had to be amputated.

I think Christine owes Lilly.  More than just giving her love and affection, she needs to give up drinking for good.    After all, had Christine not been drinking, this terrible accident wouldn't have happened.
I understand this is easier said, than done.  If this is not enough motivation for this woman, I can't think of anything else that will be.

What this dog has done is just remarkable.  For once, we have some good news about the Pit Bull dog.

I have come in contact with a couple of Pit Bull dogs.  They were both friendly and calm.  I realize they can be treacherous, but I believe their training and breeding play a huge part in their temperament.

Dogs are no different than humans.  If abused, they will grow to be abusers.  With love and training, a Pit Bull is capable of undying devotion.

Along with Hatchiko, war dogs , and our pets';  man's best friend demonstrates his undying love for his master.

It is no mistake she ended up being treated at Angell Animal Medical Center.

There is no question she is Christine's guardian angel.


No comments:

Post a Comment