The "Screamers:" Muscle Head Madness

I go to the gym every day on my lunch hour.  I have always found it quiet, and relaxing.  A time I can put my head phones on and get lost in listening to my favorite music.

That was how I enjoyed my lunch hour  until  "the screamers" joined my gym.

The "screamers" are muscle-head males.  They demonstrate their machoness every day with head rattling vocal ability.  The notes they reach would rival Pavarotti.  All I can think of is asking them if they know that their weights are too heavy.

But I wouldn't dare.

I keep thinking that today will be the day when they give it a break. But just when I get on the tread mill it begins again..

 ERGGHH, AGHHHH, OHHHHHHHHH!  YAAAAK, SHHH____T..

They may think it is attractive, but honestly, with much more of this, I am going to buy them a bottle of Milk-of-Magnesia!

I look around when this happens, everyone - including other men,- stop what they're doing and look over at the side show with me.

Yet still, no one comments, or makes remarks about how rude they are.  It is taking center stage in a place where people want to mellow and fade into the wood work.

Someone should write a book on gym etiquette...hmmmm.

Macho men of the world and wannabe's:  Please don't do this in the gym.  I respect your right to work out along with me, but couldn't you just tone it down a little? Maybe just grunt and let it go at that?  Does it have to be a long, drawn out, cave man display of  percolating testosterone?

For all this, these guys have physiques like sumo wrestlers.  I don't know about you, but I don't find that attractive.

I bet Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't a screamer, are you Arnold?

I miss my quiet lunch hour work out.  I don't think I will have those quiet work outs again.  Not if I want to continue to patronize the same gym.

Just my luck, I will change gyms', and find "screamers" at the new gym.

I am hoping that maybe I will get lucky, and you are reading this.   I won't find out until I get to the gym today.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment