Easter Colors New Beginnings





I am ready for a big-time change.  I am am restless.  I am looking forward to Easter.  This morning, as I sat at my desk, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful Easter decorations  (courtesy of a co-worker).  I am gazing at the sparkling, pink egg that adorns my computer screen, tied with a pink, bow.

As a child, Easter was everything to me.  I loved looking for my Easter basket, which was always carefully hidden away in a forbidden corner of the house.  I couldn't wait to get into the candy; especially the yellow, marshmallow "peeps", and the chocolate eggs.

But my childhood is long gone, and I enter the last lap of my life with cautious optimism.  When I hear the word retire, I shiver.  Retire? and do what?  Retirement to me would be starting a small business and doing what I want, because I am financially independent.  I don't see that happening.

Someone once told me:  Everyone has to:


  • Have something to do
  • Have something to look forward to
  • Have someone to love

Well one out of three is a start.  Seriously, I don't want my epitaph to read "Here lies a woman who  never lived up to her potential."  I have always said that.  I am not prepared to leave this world without making an impact in some way.

Up to this point - I would consider my life very average, with mild success thrown in from time to time.

That is not enough.  I want more out of life.  So, with the advent of Easter, while I won't have the traditional Easter basket, I look symbolically to new beginnings.  A fresh start. 

I gaze at the colors of the egg in anticipation.  Now I have something to look forward to!

Two out of three is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment