Left holding the Bag

I am getting tired of of having to read the fine print.  Frankly, my eyes can't even see it anymore, and moreover, why should I ?

It is time for businesses to come clean with their "free" offers.  I have yet to get a "free" anything.  It seems there is always a hitch.  Consider this offer as found in mouseprint.org: :  Apparently, Friday's had sent out an email offering a "free entree on us" coupon.   Actually, the offer required the patron to buy a meal to get a free entree.

This is the case in every offer I have ever seen advertised.  I imagine it has been working for advertisers, so they keep repeating these bogus offers.  When Mouseprint.org contacted Friday's PR firm, they issued an apology and sent out another email explaining the "error."

My favorite faux pas involves a 12 year old shopping sleuth that noted a discrepancy in the number  Glad Bags in a box:  Jared G reports on Glad Bags for Mouseprint.org

mouseprint.org



Can you imagine? He is 12 years old and this is what Jared G had to say:


Regarding consumery things, my mother taught me about pricing and labels, scams, deals, and other shopping paraphernalia, at about eight years old. My money opinions are simple. Your expenses should always be lower or equal to your income. 


Maybe we should have Jared running for President.  If a 12 year old can smell a rat, what does that say for the rest of us (like myself) who would have NEVER noticed.  Whew...wrap your head around that!

The message is clear, don't believe everything you hear, and question everything you see.

 That way, you won't be left holding an empty box.

No comments:

Post a Comment